DYLAN BY SCHATZBERG
- Filmmaker and renowned photographer Jerry Schatzberg's essential iconic photographs of Bob Dylan, including studio portraits, on-stage performances, recording studio outtakes and more (many published for the first time)
- The photographer of the cover and liner images of Dylan's acclaimed 1966 album 'Blonde On Blonde'
- Widely recognized as the foremost body of images of Bob Dylan, Nobel laureate, from a pinnacle point in his career
- Schatzberg's essential images not only stand the test of time, but also have become visually synonymous with one of the most important artists of the twentieth century. Dylan by Schatzberg is a comprehensive record of those moments, in photos and memories presented for the first time as a single subject monograph
- Includes reprints of seminal interviews, including "A Night with Bob Dylan" by Al Aronowitz, originally published in the New York Herald Tribune in 1965
- Original text/interview with Jerry Schatzberg & Jonathan Lethem
Dylan by Schatzberg was created in collaboration with Yolanda Cuomo, an elite designer whose work includes books on Andy Warhol, Richard Avedon, Twyla Tharp, Desmond Tutu, Mary Ellen Mark, Susan Meiselas, and Steve McCurry, among many others. She is a long-time collaborator with the estate of Diane Arbus producing a number of monographs devoted to the photographer's work, including the landmark exhibition catalog, Revelations